Free activities, music and fun for kids!
Children 12 & under are admitted free to the Mariposa Folk Festival but must be accompanied by a ticket-bearing guardian at all times. We invite you and your family to experience the magic of Mariposa – your kids will thank you!
Details of Folkplay at Mariposa Folk Festival 2020 will be posted in this space in the spring. Below is just some of the fantastic programming we had in 2019.
- Spoon Maracas: create your own so you can shake along at the Sunshine Stage
- Stick Harmonicas: craft your own harmonica
- Paper Plate Hats: 5 different designs, colour your own hat
- Paper Plate Frisbee: design your own and play in our open, grassy areas
- Paper Plate Yarn Hearts: weave a heart with different coloured yarn
- Paper Spinners: make your own spinner toy, wind it up and watch it go
- Paper Bag Ninjas: create a ninja puppet with moveable arms and legs
- Paper Cup Owls: have a hoot making it using a paper cup, feathers and card stock
- Dragonflies: make one using a clothes pin, glitter, pipe cleaners and markers
- Clay Creations: craft one of your choice and let it dry in the sun
- Glitter tattoos and balloon animals with Mable Moon
- Face painting with ClaraBella the Clown, face-to-face painting with Matilda Wilson
- Friends of the OPP Museum: try on a police uniform and make a button
The Whole Festival is Child and Family Friendly
The Mariposa Folk Festival is an immersive music festival experience for all ages. We pride ourselves on being very family-friendly and encourage parents and grandparents to bring kids to enjoy every aspect of the festival.
Mariposa’s family-friendly vibe goes well beyond the Folkplay area. Families with children are welcome at every stage (even in the pub tent) where lots of family-friendly music is programmed.
So lay down a blanket or pull up some chairs. Let the kids dance, let them clap their hands, let them cheer. Let them experience the joy that is Mariposa!
Located in J.B Tudhope Memorial Park, one of Ontario’s most beautiful waterfront parks, the Mariposa Folk Festival site has ample open green space for kids to run free, accessible walkways for strollers and wagons, a ton of shaded areas to rest and have a picnic, and a nearby beach, park and splash pad.
Families are welcome to bring their own food to Mariposa Folk Festival, but there are also dozens of food vendors featuring a variety of options the whole family will love. Don’t forget to bring your reusable water bottles and limit any garbage brought on site because Mariposa is famous for its greening initiatives.
Take advantage of family-friendly on-site camping and make Mariposa a family weekend getaway, or simply come for the day.